Become a WEA member today
Be a part of our award-winning* learning community and movement that helps to bring adult learning within reach of more people than ever before.
WEA membership costs just £15 a year, and is free if you are under 25, a current WEA volunteer, or on a low income or receive certain benefits (details are on the online application).
Due to high volumes of new applications and renewals we are currently experiencing delays in processing. Please be assured all applications and renewals received on or before 12th June will be processed in time for the commencement of Priority Booking week on 27th June. This includes any Free Volunteer, Concessionary or Under25 members who's renewal date is between 1st May and 3rd July 2022.
By becoming a member, you will be able to:
- Access to our popular, award-winning* weekly members’ lecture series, giving you the chance to learn from our network of expert tutors and connect with others from the comfort of your own home
- Get priority online and telephone booking for autumn courses
- Make great savings with discounts at local and national retailers, and donate to the WEA while you shop
- Receive Highway magazine and access back issues to stay updated on the work we’re doing and how you’re helping to make a difference
- Attend our members’ annual conference and some of our local meetings and events for free
- Be a part of a movement that helps others and transforms lives by bringing adult learning within reach of more people than ever before
You can find out more about WEA membership and its benefits by downloading our membership leaflet.
(*WEA has won the best online stewardship award at Fundraising Everywhere’s Charity Virtual Events Awards 2021. Learn more here.)
Membership applications take approximately 1 week to process.
Thank you in advance for your patience.
Set up a direct debit
Did you know that paying for your membership by direct debit helps reduce our administration costs? Please complete the online application and then download the direct debit mandate from the link on the page that appears once you click the submit button.
When completing the Direct Debit Mandate please ensure you tick your preferred payment date and payment amount choice. Please note the instructions on the mandate for returning it to us. Alternatively, contact our membership team.
* Retailer and offers are always subject to change, so keep revisiting your exclusive members website at https://www.wea.org.uk/members-home for the latest incentives.